Consistent communication with your customers. That’s what it takes to develop their loyalty toward your business, according to this article. How do you do that? Consider these five suggestions:
1) Deliver your message across all media channels. That means whatever you say in print, online, in email newsletters and in social media is the same message, delivered in a way the customer can understand.
2) Customer retention: Ask what else your customer needs and whether they know of others who need your services.
3) Customer surveys: Satisfication surveys can show you why your company was chosen and that can give you a clue as to how to gain and retain more customers. For this, you may want to use a third-party vendor to deliver your survey.
4) Email marketing: Use your customer data base to generate leads, upsell and provide helpful information that will cement your bond to the customer.
5) Thank you notes: If you can send handwritten, personalized thank you notes to a customer, do so.
In addition to these kinds of customer service efforts, you may consider conducting customer evaluations using mystery shoppers, for a realistic view of whether your efforts are working. Customer Perspectives can provide that kind of evaluation.